Internship grant application season brings the same conundrum to Scripps each year: an abundance of remarkable students seeking summer internships and not nearly enough funds in the grant pot to go around. This year, members of the Alumnae Leadership Council (ALC), the governing body of the Scripps Alumnae Association, are helping to resolve this problem via the newly created Alumnae Association Internship Fund. The goal? To fund ten students with an average grant of $4,000 by June 30, 2016. By supporting the Alumnae Association Internship Fund in addition to your much-needed Scripps Fund gift, you help to provide more internship opportunities for students. Gifts of $2,000 or more count towards membership in the Ellen Browning Scripps Society. Those who donate $4,000 can either choose to have a named operating internship OR support the AA Internship Fund. If donor chooses to support the fund, she will still receive a stewardship report, but the student recipient will receive an “Alumnae Association Internship Grant” not a named grant.
To give online:
- visit scrippscollege.edu/giving
- select”Other” from the drop down gift designation menu
- type “Alumnae Internship Fund” under additional comments
To give by mail:
- use the enclosed business reply envelope in this magazine
- check the “Internships” box
- write “Alumnae Internship Fund” in the box that says Please designate my gift to support:
You can also support this program with your time and talent by:
- creating or updating your LinkedIn profile and joining the Alumnae Association LinkedIn group;
- setting up a paid internship at your company and sharing it with Career Planning & Resources;
- encouraging your company to participate in Career Planning & Resources’ Career Exploration and Networking Treks
For more information about the Alumnae Association Internship Fund, contact the Office of Alumnae Engagement here.