If you have any questions about the application process, please contact a member of the admission staff. We’re here to help you!
Admission Deadlines | Frequently Asked Questions
- Common Application
- $60 application fee
- School Report and counselor recommendation
- Two academic teacher recommendations, preferably from junior or senior year classes
- Official transcript(s) from all secondary schools attended
- SAT or ACT scores
There are no specific courses required for admission. However, the recommended course of study is five academic subjects in each year of high school, including:
- 4 years of English
- 3+ years of mathematics (through the level of precalculus or higher)
- 3+ years of social studies
- 3+ years of science (biology, chemistry, and/or physics)
- Three years of a foreign language or two years each of two different languages; one year may be taken before high school
- Applicants are encouraged to select Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or other advanced-level courses at their high school when available and appropriate.
Early Decision vs. Regular Decision
Early Decision is an excellent option for students who know that Scripps is their top-choice college. Early Decision is a binding process that provides an early application review and notification of admission decision. Regular Decision is our traditional application.
Admission Interviews – Available On and Off Campus
An optional part of the admission process, an interview can give you the opportunity to discuss your interests and goals and to learn more about Scripps. On-campus interviews can be scheduled as part of your visit to Scripps; alternatively, off-campus interviews may be available in your local area.
Scholarships and Need-Based Financial Aid
All first-year applicants are considered for scholarships ranging from $10,000 to $28,000 annually, and the highest award is the James E. Scripps Scholarship. All scholarships are renewable for four years and applicants are notified whether they have been awarded a scholarship at the time of admission. No additional forms or early application is required. Please contact the Admission Office for questions about scholarships. Visit our Office of Financial Aid page for information about need-based financial aid, including deadlines and required forms.