The Claremont Colleges are excited to announce our partnership with Gallagher Student Health beginning in the 2021-22 academic year. Gallagher Student Health will assist us with the management of the plan and the administration of the waiver and enrollment process.
Health insurance coverage is required for all continuing and newly matriculated Scripps students. All students are automatically enrolled annually in the Claremont Colleges Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).
Students may waive out with proof of coverage in an insurance plan that meets the Claremont Colleges waiver criteria, which include:
- Comparable coverage must be effective 8/1/21 through 7/31/22;
- Fully compliant with all aspects of the Affordable Care Act and benefits must be unlimited;
- Underwriting company must be owned, operated, and headquartered in the United States and must be in full compliance with applicable federal laws;
- Claims must be paid by a U.S.-based company;
- Access to local doctors, specialists, hospitals and other healthcare providers near campus;
- Provides coverage for urgent and non-urgent care including;
- Preventative and routine benefits;
- In-patient and out-patient surgery and hospitalization;
- Lab work, diagnostic x-rays, physical therapy, chiropractic care, emergency room treatment, ambulance services and prescriptions;
- In-patient and out-patient mental health, substance abuse and counseling services
The mandatory SHIP requirement remains in place for international students within the United States and enrolled at Scripps College. International students are not eligible to waive SHIP.
To waive out complete the Waiver Application Form. A waiver form must be submitted annually. The waiver form for 2021-2022 must be received by:
- September 3, 2021
If the online waiver is not completed before the deadline or coverage does not meet the requirement set, the student will be required to pay $2,782 annual premium. The full year $2,782 premium will not be pro-rated even if comparable insurance is obtained during the year; no exceptions will be granted.
If you need assistance covering the cost of the SHIP premium, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com or at (909) 621-8275. They may be able to assist you with a loan to cover a portion or the entire cost, depending upon your need.
For more information about the Student Health Insurance Plan (full benefits, exclusions and limitations) and other available programs and services, please visit https://www.gallagherstudent.com/cuc.Scripps or call the Gallagher dedicated Customer Service team at (833) 882-3588. Other questions may be addressed to the Dean of Students Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).