Scripps believes that diversity of thought, opinion, and cultures is critical to creating the kind of community of scholars at the core of our mission. International student admissions applicants who need financial assistance are encouraged to apply for financial aid when they apply for admissions. Please note that a limited amount of financial aid is available to international students.
2023-2024 Financial Aid Applications and Materials are Available October 1, 2022
Financial Aid Deadlines
All prospective students should meet all published financial aid application deadlines. Scripps College is need aware in our admission process. If you submit a financial aid document after the published deadline, your financial aid may be reduced or you may not be eligible for financial aid. We encourage you to file your application materials in advance of the deadline dates if at all possible.
Fall 2023 Early Decision I: November 15, 2022
Fall 2023 Early Decision II: February 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Regular Decision: February 1, 2023
Financial Aid Application Requirements
To apply for financial aid at Scripps College, complete the steps outlined below.
Complete the CSS Profile
- Scripps College CSS Profile School Code:4693.
- Complete the CSS Profile to apply for Scripps College need-based financial assistance.
- Students with divorced or separated parents:
- Both parents will complete their own CSS Profile.
- Each parent will access their CSS Profile with different College Board log-in credentials.
- If your parent(s) have remarried, be sure to include all stepparent income and asset information.
- Under certain circumstances, students may appeal to have the CSS Profile requirement from your noncustodial parent waived by completing the Noncustodial Parent Waiver Form. Additional documentation of the circumstance will be required.
- Read all CSS Profile instructions and view the CSS Profile Tutorial for more information.
Use the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) to submit income and tax information and supporting documentation
- When you complete the CSS Profile, you will receive a notification from the College Board directing you to submit your required documents to the IDOC online service. Be sure to monitor the IDOC website to ensure all of your required documents have been received and processed. You must submit the following to the IDOC service:
- Copies of signed Parent(s) 2021 Foreign Income Tax Returns
- International applicants must submit a professionally translated copy of their parents’ most recent tax return and wage statements.
- 2023-2024 Parent Non-Tax Filer Statement
- 2023-2024 Student Non-Tax Filer Statement
- 2023-2024 Dependent Student Verification Worksheet
Non-Filing Statements and Verification Worksheets will be made available within each applicants IDOC dashboard.
Complete the Scripps College International Student Financial Form and submit it to the Office of Admissions on your Admission Applicant Status Page. Do not submit this form to the financial aid office or IDOC.
The purpose of the Scripps College International Student Financial Form is to help the Office of Admission obtain complete and accurate information about the funds available to international applicants who want to study in the United States. Strict government regulations, rising education costs, and economic conditions have made verifying the financial resources of international applicants essential. Institutions do not have the option of deciding whether to verify the financial resources of their international applicants; financial verification must be made prior to institutional issuance of a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status (Form I-20 or DS-2019).
This form is designed to standardize financial information provided by applicants to colleges, universities, and U.S. consuls. By completing this form and returning it to Scripps College Admissions, an applicant, if admitted, may obtain that college’s authorization and issuance of a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status (Form I-20 or DS-2019).
Scripps College will attach a copy of this certification to the Certificate of Eligibility. Status. U.S. consuls scrutinize the statements of financial resources given by nonimmigrant visa applicants. This certification will help such officials make their decisions and expedite visa issuance.
International students must document that they have the resources to cover necessary to cover the cost of attendance less any financial aid or scholarships received.
Check your Financial Aid Checklist in your Admission Applicant Status Page.
- Documents submitted to the IDOC website may take 7-10 business days after receipt to be processed and appear in your Financial Aid Checklist
- After you submit your financial aid application, you may find that additional documentation is required based on the information you provided.
- The financial aid checklist will be updated on a daily basis after November 16, 2021. No information will appear on the financial aid checklist before November 16th.
Financial Aid for Future Years for International Students
Financial assistance for international applicants is limited. Financial aid for international students is only awarded at the time of admission. Your aid offer will be renewed each year for up to 8 semesters as long as you enroll full-time and make Satisfactory Academic Progress toward your degree. Financial aid is not re-evaluated for international students. Since your Estimated Family Contribution(EFC) is fixed upon admission, your financial aid award in future years may adjust slightly with the change in cost of attendance only. No other adjustments will be made.