Time, Talent, and Treasure
Share Your Time
- Interview students as an admission liaison
- Facilitate alumnae and student connections as a diversity liaison
- Solicit gifts as an Ellen Browning Scripps Society ambassador or a Scripps Fund parent ambassador
- Engage alumnae and parents in your area as a regional associate
- Encourage classmates to attend, and give as a reunion volunteer
- Connect with classmates as a Scripps Scribe
- Volunteer at move-in day during Orientation
To share your time with Scripps, please complete this form.
Lend Your Talent
- Be a speaker
- Share or offer internships and job opportunities through Career Planning & Resources
- Coordinate a career event for regional alumnae/students
- Mentor a student, or alumna Host
- Alumnae and Parent Receptions – attend More Opportunity events in your area
- Student Welcome Receptions
- Regional events Advocate
- Engage your peers through social media
- Keep current, share Scripps mission and news
To lend your talent to Scripps, please complete this form.
Give Your Treasure
Where to give:
- The Scripps Fund
- Newly established Alumnae Association Internship Fund (see below for details)
- Academic programs
- Campus enhancements
- Student Internships
When to give:
- Annual gift
- Ongoing monthly gift
- Multi-Year Pledge
How to give:
- Check or credit card
- Matching gift
- Gift in Kind
- Planned, deferred, and life income gift
Alumnae Association Internship Fund
A newly established initiative of the Alumnae Leadership Council to enrich student opportunities for career exploration.
In spring 2015, over $500,000 in internship funding requests was received by current students. However, the College only had resources to fund about $200,000. This critical unmet need led to the Alumnae Leadership Council establishing the Alumnae Association Internship Fund to complement existing sources of internship funding. Please join other alumnae in supporting this incredibly important initiative that will provide students with invaluable work experience and industry knowledge that employers are now demanding.
When giving online, please be sure to type in Alumnae Internship Fund on the giving form.
To give your treasure to Scripps, please click here.
Your Personal Gateway to Scripps
Introduced February 2013, the reorganized operations of alumnae relations, parent outreach, and fundraising are now found in the Office of Alumnae & Parent Engagement and The Scripps Fund (APESF). This highly energetic group of Scripps advocates spends their days (and nights) working on ways to engage you with Scripps experiences. With a goal of 100 percent alumnae and parent engagement, they are introducing new ways to connect alumnae and parents’ time, talent, and treasure to the life of Scripps College.
“We want to convey how much it means to have our parents and alumnae share their precious time with us in this busy world,” says Nikki Khurana, assistant vice president, APESF. “Whether an alumna is volunteering to help organize a gathering in a city far from campus or a parent provides a Scripps internship at his or her company, we appreciate their involvement with the College.”
“Nikki has embraced Scripps with her heart and has added fresh thinking about how to make this office an easily-accessible gateway for our key constituents,” says Michael Archibald, vice president for institutional advancement. “When she walks into my office, I see her mind at work, as she and her team create new opportunities for Scripps alumnae and parents to enjoy and benefit from their interaction with the College.”