As the premier women’s college in the western United States, Scripps is ideally positioned to help you find the right candidate. Hiring a Scripps graduate is hiring a woman who thinks analytically, communicates effectively, and makes confident, responsible choices. Studies repeatedly demonstrate that women’s colleges excel at helping students bring social and historical perspectives to issues, communicate effectively, and work as part of a team.
Flip through the 2019 Resume Book for a sample of resumes from the classes of 2018 and 2019.
Career Planning & Resources (CP&R) works closely with Scripps students from their first day on campus and was recently ranked a top-20 career center by The Princeton Review. As a small school, we have the flexibility to be creative in our recruiting strategies and look forward to helping your organization find the best candidates. Any questions? Contact Us.
Post a Job or Internship:
Connect with Handshake—our online career network.
- Post jobs, internships, register for career fairs, and schedule on-campus interviews
- Accessed by Scripps students and students from The Claremont Colleges
- Unpaid internships should meet Department of Labor requirements.
- Please read our position statement on U.S. internships.
- Support internships for Scripps students. Ask us how.
About 94% of Scripps students live on campus. Plan an on-campus visit or workshop.
- Ideal way to gain exposure
- Visit Scripps and partner with CP&R to connect with students.
- We’re always looking for innovative ways to educate students!
Recruit students and interview them in CP&R. Schedule on-campus interviews.
- Schedule during the Scripps academic year (September-April).
- Pre-screen and select students to interview OR
- Meet our quality students during an open schedule.
Want to show off your office space? Plan a company site visit.
- Plan a Friday morning or afternoon site visit for an exclusive tour of your work site.
- Contact CP&R directly to schedule a visit for fall or spring.
Register for a Career Fair
- Represent your firm at a career fair held throughout the year.
- Hosted collaboratively by The Claremont Colleges
- A Gap Year Fair is held in late fall.
- Contact CP&R to learn more about opportunities.
Please review The Claremont Colleges’ Policies and Guidelines for On-Campus Recruitment for the best possible recruitment experience.
Scripps College is a top-ranked national liberal arts college and a member of The Claremont Colleges—a consortium comprising Pomona, Scripps, Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, and Pitzer Colleges. Scripps provides the benefits of a mid-size university through shared facilities, co-curricular activities, and the ability to cross-register at any or all of the colleges. The College is a top-ranked liberal arts college by U.S. News & World Report.
Building on the foundation of the Core Curriculum and Interdisciplinary Studies and a liberal arts education, Scripps graduates think analytically, communicate effectively, and make confident, responsible choices. Top majors include art, biology, economics, English, French studies, mathematics, media studies, neuroscience, politics and international relations, and, psychology. About 86% of students complete at least one internship before graduation.