Scripps College Data
Scripps College regularly compiles basic statistical information about our students, staff, faculty and administration for internal and external reporting purposes. The office also submits data for the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), which is a series of annual surveys that the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics uses to collect information from every college, university, and technical institution that participates in federal student financial aid programs. This data is reported as official campus data.
Scripps also participates in a number of national surveys, including:
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- Higher Education Research Institute (HERI) at UCLA:
- Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium (HEDS)
- Senior Survey
- Alumnae Survey
We also conduct in-house surveys such as the Campus Climate Survey and Withdrawing Student Survey.
- Providing assistance to Scripps faculty and staff in assessment of academic and co-curricular programs.
- Conducting campus-wide surveys in areas such as student engagement, student experience, and campus climate.
- Coordinating all external institutional data reporting and participating in institutional data exchange.
- Conducting specialized research studies.
- Developing Strategic Indicators and other collections of College data as needed.
- Supporting the development of a Strategic Enrollment Management plan for the College.
- Supporting the implementation of the campus Strategic Planning process.
- Supporting the College’s accreditation process.
- Coordinating the College’s emergency preparedness planning efforts.
Scripps College Fact Book
The Scripps College Fact Book displays historical institutional data such as student enrollment, admissions, student profile, retention and graduation rates, faculty and staff composition, and completions by major.