The Office of Assessment and Institutional Research supports the Scripps College mission and strategic plan by fostering a campus culture of evidence-based planning to enhance students’ success and experience.
The Office of Assessment and Institutional Research augments institutional effectiveness by making use of assessment and evaluation that reports comprehensive data to support planning, decision-making, and policy formulation.
The goals of the Office of Assessment and Institutional Research are to:
- Provide high quality support to the College community and external stakeholder groups that reflect clear standards of professionalism and integrity.
- Support Scripps faculty and staff in assessing academic and cocurricular programs.
- Conduct official campus-wide census data and reconciliation.
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and disseminate data in an accessible and useful way that supports planning and decision-making.
- Provide support to College departments related to data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Conduct campus-wide surveys in areas such as student engagement, student experience, and campus climate.
- Serve as the central repository of institutional data to monitor its continuous quality, improvement, and compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Coordinate all external institutional data reporting, participate in institutional data exchange(s), and conduct peer college analysis.
- Conduct specialized research studies.
- Assist in developing and monitoring strategic indicators to track the College’s strategic goals.
- Support the Strategic Enrollment Management plan for the College.
- Support the campus Strategic Planning process.
- Oversee and support the College’s accreditation.
Scripps College Data
Scripps College regularly compiles basic statistical information about our students, staff, faculty and administration for internal and external reporting purposes. The office also submits data to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), which is a series of annual surveys that the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics collects from every college, university, and technical institution that participates in federal student financial aid programs.
Scripps also participates in a number of national surveys, including:
The office also administers various in-house surveys such as the Campus Climate Survey and Withdrawing Student Survey.
Scripps College Survey Administration, Use, and Reporting Guidelines
Scripps College Fact Book
The Scripps College Fact Book displays historical institutional data such as student enrollment, admissions, student profile, retention and graduation rates, faculty and staff composition, and completions by major.