The earlier students plan for studying outside of Claremont, the more options are possible.
Steps to take
- Mention interest in studying abroad or interning in Washington, D.C. or the exchange with Spelman College in Atlanta with your faculty adviser early.
- Enroll in the appropriate language courses to ensure the language requirements are met.
- Check with faculty advisers and the Office of Study Abroad and Global Education (SAGE) to learn which requirements are best completed at The Claremont Colleges.
- Attend a SAGE Information Session early in sophomore year but first-years are also welcome to attend to start planning ahead. Sessions are offered weekly in the first two months of each semester. Contact us for dates and times.
- Program representatives occasionally visit campus; watch for them outside the dining hall or at the SAGE Expo that happens each fall.
- Research the approved program options to find the best fit.