The College has been working to provide the Scripps campus community access to training and support to host virtual events. Our goal is to continue to create an environment for civil discourse and the robust exploration of ideas. With this in mind, please review the following best practices guidelines for producing an on-campus event.
- What is the primary purpose of your event?
- What is the level of support needed?
- Who is your target audience? Should this event be open to the public or should it be open to the Scripps or 7C community only?
- Will this program be a “live” event or pre-recorded?
Request a Event
- Request a virtual event no less than 21 days in advance of the planned event. The earlier you reserve the better!
- Complete and submit your reservation through the Event Form.
- The Public Events staff will follow up with each request within 48 hours of submission.
- Request photography or videography no less than 21 days in advance with Vice President approval.
- Complete and submit your request throught the Photography/Videography Request Form.
- The Public Events staff will follow up with each request within 48 hours of submission to review scope of work, timeline, and budget.
Audience Engagement Protocol
- Events are an opportunity for learning, debate, reflection, engagement, and community.
- Some events will have the capability to allow questions and opportunities to interact through internal zoom functions such as “Q&A”, “Chat”, and “Raise your Hand”. Other events may disable these features due to the nature of the program or the speaker’s preference.
- Sometimes an invited speaker’s work is provocative or controversial. In those cases, let us know in advance if you anticipate any issues, and we will facilitate a conversation to determine the best way to support your event.
Publicize Your Event
After your virtual event is confirmed, promote your event to the campus and beyond by completing and submitting the Public Event Announcement Submission Form.
- Your confirmed event will be published to the calendar upon completion and receipt of the announcement submission form.
- Events Digest email: distributed to the campus weekly (Sunday)
- Events included in weekly digest must be submitted three weeks in advance.
The Claremont Colleges:
- The Claremont Colleges Calendar
- 7C print and online calendar
- Events included in printed calendar must be submitted four weeks in advance. Events submitted after the print deadline will appear online.
Questions? Email email@example.com