This is a blossoming space where our office shares documents we have created as well as articles and resources from other colleagues, offices, and organizations that provide information useful to facilitating institutional research and assessment.
- Association of Institutional Research (AIR)
- California Association for Institutional Research (CAIR)
- WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AALHE)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium (HEDS)
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
- American Association for Higher Education and Accreditation (AAHEA)
- Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS)
- The Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA) Assessment, Evaluation, and Research (AER) Knowledge Community
- Student Affairs Assessment Leaders (SAAL)
- “The Foundations and Evolution of Institutional Research”
Volkwein, J. F. (2008). The Foundations and Evolution of Institutional Research. New Directions for Higher Education, 141, 5-20.
- “A New Vision for Institutional Research”
Randy L. Swing & Leah Ewing Ross (2016) A New Vision for Institutional Research, Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning, 48(2), 6-13.
- “AAHE Principles of Good Practice: Aging Nicely”
Hutchings, P., Ewell , P. T., & Banta , T. W. (2012).AAHE principles of good practice: Aging nicely. Urbana, IL: University of Illinois and Indiana University, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA).
- “Assessment in Practice: A Companion Guide to the ASK Standards”
Timm, D.M., Barham, J.D., McKinney, K.J., & Knerr, A.R. (2013). Assessment in Practice: A Companion Guide to the ASK Standards.
- “Assessment with Open Eyes: Pitfalls in Studying Student Outcomes”
Terenzini, P. T. (1989). Assessment with Open Eyes: Pitfalls in Studying Student Outcomes. The Journal of Higher Education, 60(6), 644–664.