Close

1939

The President’s House is built, following Gordon Kaufmann’s design. The first six presidents of Scripps resided in this structure during their respective tenures. The 16 American elms that comprise Elm Tree Lawn and flank the walkway between the President’s House and Balch Auditorium are planted. Mrs. Denison donates the 21 stained glass windows that line the first and second floors of the north wing of Denison Library; each window portrays signature marks of early printers and book makers.

Tags