Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, Scripps College’s 32-acre campus is widely recognized as one of America’s most beautiful college campuses. Through the Office of Public Events and Community Programs, the College makes available several of its campus structures and outdoor spaces to the College community and the public.
To get started with your planning, please peruse our list of available campus venues.
Once you’ve determined the space you would like to reserve, please follow the instructions below:
Outside Rental Clients
To reserve a space, please complete the Venue Request Form. A list of our campus venues can be found here. A representative will contact you within two business days to discuss your request.
Please note: a completed Venue Request Form DOES NOT GUARANTEE that Scripps College can host your event.
Scripps Faculty, Students, and Staff
The Scripps community must request campus facilities through the Virtual EMS (VEMS) Reservation System. VEMS is a comprehensive event management system that enables you to request facilities and resource services (i.e., catering, maintenance, media services) for College-sponsored functions, events, and meetings. Web requests MUST be made at least two business days in advance. Click here for further instructions. For technical assistance with VEMS, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scripps College has a number of venues available to rent for weddings, receptions, and other special events. Peruse our list of available indoor and outdoor spaces here. These sites may be reserved for use only during the months of June and July and are booked no more than one year in advance. If you wish to request a price quote for these spaces, please complete a Venue Request Form.
Scripps hosts selective seminars, conferences, and workshops from June through early August. The campus can accommodate groups ranging from 10 to 300, offering spaces such as classrooms, meeting rooms, residence halls, and practice rooms. For further information and availability, please contact the Office of Public Events and Community Programs at email@example.com or by calling (909) 607-1870.
Photography and Filming
Photography on the Scripps campus by outside parties is available by permission only and subject to the following guidelines:
These guidelines apply to personal, non-commercial photography. Photographers must:
- Obtain a “same day” or “weekend” permit in person from the Office of Public Events and Community Programs during regular business hours (8 am–5 pm, Monday–Friday).
- Pay a $15 permit fee.
- Not photograph any Scripps College students, faculty, or staff without prior written consent of the person photographed.
- Not interfere with Scripps College business or events.
- Not move Scripps furniture or equipment or alter Scripps landscaping without prior written permission.
These guidelines apply to professional, commercial photography. Photographers must:
- Submit a photography permit form at least two (2) weeks in advance of the proposed shoot date.
- Pay a $150 security deposit, which is refundable upon conclusion of the shoot following inspection by Scripps College staff.
- Pay a $200 permit fee.
- Submit to Scripps College a Certificate of Insurance for $1 million coverage for liability and property damage naming Scripps College as an additional insured, and a separate Endorsement of Additional Insured indicating Scripps College as additional insured.
- Credit Scripps College as the location for any commercially published photographs
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (909) 607-1870 with questions or to obtain a photography permit.
Please note: These guidelines apply to still photography only. Professionals wishing to shoot video on the Scripps campus must contact the Director of Public Events and Community Programs for the procedure to submit a proposal for video production.