As fully-enrolled Scripps College students, SAGE participants continue to pay the same Scripps semester comprehensive fee for tuition and room and board as every other semester on campus, regardless of the program chosen.
The College’s comprehensive fees cover the following expenses while participating in a semester away program:
- room and board while classes are in session;
- contribution toward round-trip airfare based on travel between Los Angeles and the program site, for the dates of the program;
- International Student Identity Card or equivalent;
- a basic medical and accident insurance policy while abroad, and
- support for administering SAGE programs at the College.
The Office of Financial Aid will increase your estimated cost of attendance for financial aid purposes by $500 for each semester you participate in the SAGE program. This is not a charge to your student account, but rather an allowance in the cost of attendance we use to build your financial aid award. Increasing your cost of attendance by this amount will allow you to access additional unused Federal Direct Loan eligibility should you wish to do so. The $500 is intended to help with expenses related to passports, visas, and required inoculations that some students may incur.