Quick thoughts about getting into Grad School
- Start early.
- Apply to specific faculty as well as to particular schools.
- Get a high GPA.
- Get a high GRE score.
- Get letters of recommendations from people who know you well; ask early and provide completed forms and stamped envelope give them resumes so they will be able to comment on you more thoroughly.
- Get lots of research experience.
- Spend time on your personal essay — explain deficiencies in your academic record (when appropriate).
- Apply to three tiers of schools: wish list schools, realistic schools, and back-up schools.