Associate Professor of Philosophy
- B.A. Philosophy and Music Composition, UC Santa Barbara
- Ph.D. Philosophy, NYU
Areas of Expertise
Selected Research and Publications
- "On Losing Your Self in Your Afterlife." Self or No-Self? The Debate about Selflessness and the Sense of Self (forthcoming), Ingolf Dalferth, Editor. Mohr Siebeck: Tübingen
- "Excuses for Hume's Skepticism." Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, forthcoming.
- "On An Irrelevant Regress." Theoria, forthcoming.
- "Closure Reconsidered." Philosophers' Imprint, Volume 12, Number 9, 2012.
- "Mere Faith and Entitlement," Synthese: Special Issue on Skepticism and Justification, Volume 189, Issue 2 (2012), Page 297-315.
- "No Closure on Skepticism." Pacific Philosophical Quarterly, Volume 92, Issue 4 (2011), pp 439-447. (with Christopher Buford and Anthony Brueckner)
- "Hawthorne on the Deeply Contingent A Priori," Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, Volume 83, Issue 1 pp. 174-183, July 2011
- "An Old Problem for the New Rationalism." Synthese, Volume 183, Issue 2 (2011), pp 175-185.
- "In Defense of Secular Belief." Oxford Studies in Philosophy of Religion Vol. IV (2011), Jonathan L. Kvanvig, Editor. Clarendon Press, Oxford.
Awards and Honors
- Johnson Faculty Achievement Award For Excellence in Teaching, 2010-2011.
- Johnson Faculty Achievement Award For Excellence in Scholarship, 2009-2010.
- Henry M. MacCracken Fellowship, NYU, 2001-2006