Associate Professor of Mathematics
Office Address: Miller 205
Office Phone: (909) 607-1794
Personal Website: Click here
- A.B., Princeton University, Mathematics (magna cum laude)
- S.M., Ph.D., University of Chicago, Mathematics
Areas of Expertise
Harmonic analysis, mathematical imaging
Selected Research and Publications
- Near-Symmetry in A∞ and Refined Jones Factorization,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 136 (2008), 3239-3245.
- “Irregularity of Distributions and Multiparameter Ap weights,” Uniform Distribution Theory, 5 (2010), 131-139.
- “A Simple Proof of the k-plane Ridgelet Reconstruction Formula of Candès and Donoho,” East Journal on Approximations, Volume 16, Number 3 (2010), 193-201.
Awards and Honors
- Scripps College Professor of the Year, 2010.
- Fulbright Scholar Alternate (2004)
- Nominated for Indiana University ""Students' Choice"" Outstanding Teacher Award (2003,2004)
- Nominated for AΛΔ Honor Society Teaching Award (2002)
- Nominated four times for Physical Sciences Division Teaching Award at University of Chicago (1995, 1998, 1999, 2001)
- NSF Graduate Fellowship
- Lecturer, University of Chicago (1993-2001);
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Indiana University (2001-2004);
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Purdue University (2004-2005);
- Visiting Researcher, COE (Keio University) (2005);
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute for Mathematics and Its Applications (2005-2006).
- Calculus (single and multi-variable, standard and honors);
- Mathematical Methods in the Social Sciences;
- Linear Algebra;
- Vector Calculus;
- Complex Analysis;
- Several Complex Variables;
- Ordinary Differential Equations I and II;
- Principles of Real Analysis I;
- Real Analysis: Measure and Integral;
- AISS Complementary "Subcalculus" Seminar;
- Core I: Culture, Knowledge, and Representation