Guidelines for Scripps Employees
What to Do Before You Return
- Upload confirmation of your COVID-19 vaccination.
- Download the HealthfullyTM app and participate in regular health screenings. If you are feeling sick, have been deemed a close contact, or have been recently diagnosed with COVID-19, please call the Scripps helpline immediately at (909) 308-2711.
What to Do When You’re on Campus
- Facilities Department has placed an approved door tag on the back of your office door. Place door tag on office door handle when you are in the office. Remove the tag when you leave for the day.
- Clean your hands with wipes and hand sanitizer available near shared equipment, like printers and copiers, before and after each use.
- All restrooms are open, but staff are encouraged to use the restroom closest to their office.
- Lunch and breaks may be taken outdoors or in offices for those employees who have private offices.
- Breakrooms are available, including refrigerators and microwaves; coffee makers are currently unavailable.
How the College Has Prepared for Your Return
The Facilities Department has made the following improvements in consultation with expert consultants in the field, along with guidance from local, state, and federal health authorities. By taking these steps, the College is proactively mitigating future exposure for cold and flu seasons, while reducing outdoor allergens.
- Key modifications to the HVAC system in common spaces that serve classrooms and office spaces:
- Upgraded existing air filters with higher performance filters capable of filtering smaller particles. (MERV filters grades 13 or higher that meet or exceed current filtration standards)
- Introduced UV technology, including portable air cleaners, and inline duct equipment.
- Introduced outside air through the mechanical systems by using existing exterior dampers.
- Added portable air purifiers, which include UV technology and HEPA filters, to common spaces.
- Installed plexiglass barriers in shared spaces that receive students, staff, faculty, and visitors.
- Installed social distancing signage, including mask requirements, occupancy limits, and social-distancing requirements.
- Provided PPE and cleaning supplies for all public spaces and offices. Additional supplies may be requested by emailing email@example.com.
- Established regular cleaning schedules following LA County and Cal OSHA requirements.
- Purchased electrostatic sprayers to quickly clean surfaces.
- Increased outdoor sitting areas to provide opportunities for small meetings outdoors.
- Continued licensing of zoom to provide for virtual meetings.