Associate Professor of Biology
Phone: (909) 607-7068
- Ph.D. Molecular Biology, Weill Cornell University Medical College/Sloan-Kettering Institute
- B.A. Biology, Swarthmore College
- Regulation of gene expression
- Comparative genomics of stress response in yeasts
- Introductory Biology with lab
- Accelerated Introductory Science Sequence (AISS) with lab
- Molecular Biology with lab
- Molecular Biology seminar
- Biochemistry (team-taught)
- Genetics of Human Disease (lab course for non-majors)
- Scripps Core I
- First year seminar (CMC)
- Edwalds-Gilbert, G. (2015) Location is Everything: an Educational Primer for Use with “Genetic analysis of the ribosome biogenesis factor Ltv1 of S. cerevisiae.” Genetics 199(2).
- Tang, Z. and Edwalds-Gilbert, G. (2015) Nucleic Acid and Protein Sample Preparation from Yeasts. In Sample Preparation of Plant, Animal and Soil. Miodrag Micic and Jeffrey D. Whyte, editors. Springer Protocols Handbooks.
- Raju (Scripps ’16), G. Edwalds-Gilbert, J. Levy (Pitzer), E. Martin (CMC), C. Pecora (Scripps). Genetic pathways involved in response to the phenol-based compounds bisphenol-A (BPA), butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA), and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast Genetics and Molecular Biology Meeting, Seattle, WA, July, 2014
- Edwalds-Gilbert, G. (2010) Regulation of mRNA Splicing by Signal Transduction. Nature Education 3(9):43
- Purvis-Roberts, K.L, G. Edwalds-Gilbert, A. S. Landsberg, N. Copp, L. Ulsh, D. Drew. 2009
- Accelerated Integrated Science Sequence (AISS): An Introductory Biology, Chemistry and Physics Course for College Students. Journal of Chemical Education, 86: 1295-1298.
- Boon, K-L., Auchynnikava, T., Edwalds-Gilbert, G., Barrass, J.D., Droop, A.P., Dez, C., and Beggs, J.D. 2006. Yeast Ntr1/Spp382 mediates Prp43 function in postspliceosomes. Mol Cell Biol. 16:6016-23.