The Scripps College Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program is open to men and women who have received a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution in a field other than science. A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 is required, as is additional evidence of high achievement, such as appropriate standardized test scores (SAT, ACT or GRE). The ideal candidate will be strongly motivated and will have made an informed decision to enter the field of medicine based on healthcare experience through volunteer work or previous employment.
“The beautiful campus of Scripps College made coming to school a real pleasure, and the setting proved ideal for a hard year of studying. The five colleges have a relaxed atmosphere with a lot of bike commuters and outdoor events. The year-round sunshine made me happy and allowed for a lot of outdoor activities.”
Victoria Fort, Class of 2015
Hofstra North Shore LIJ School of Medicine, Candidate for Doctor of Medicine (MD) (2015–2019)
How to apply
The Scripps College Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program accepts applications on a rolling-basis, beginning September 1. The early submission of application materials will improve an applicant’s chances of admission. For admission to the Class of 2016-2017, applications and all supporting documents must be postmarked by March 1, 2016. Once we have received all of your application materials you will be notified via e-mail that your application has been sent to the Admissions Committee for review. For questions regarding your application please contact Christina Ranney or DeEttra Mulay. Applications are reviewed once all materials are received, and the admission committee then determines whether an applicant will be invited for an interview.
A completed application includes the following items:
Submit the following items via Interfolio by midnight EST on March 1, 2016:
- Application for Admission
- Consent Form
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Please be aware that when you submit your Interfolio application you will receive a confirmation that your application has been successfully completed and that there is no application fee due to Interfolio. Please follow the instructions below and submit your application fee directly to Scripps College.
- Visit the following link to begin your Interfolio application materials: http://apply.interfolio.com/30947
Mail the following items directly to the Scripps College Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program with a postmark deadline of March 1, 2016:
- Official Transcript for all colleges and universities attended
- Official SAT (Code 1869), GRE (Code 0195) or ACT Scores (Code 0426) (please note these may be submitted electronically or mailed in hard copy)
- $60 Application Fee in the form of a check or money order made payable to Scripps College
- Mail these items to:
Scripps College Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program
1030 Columbia Ave Box 1226
Claremont, CA 91711
Upon review of the applications, selected candidates will be invited to campus to interview with the faculty and program directors. This is an opportunity to learn more about our program by speaking with the faculty and administrative directors, attending a lab or lecture, meeting with current students for lunch or coffee, and taking a campus tour. A day on campus gives prospective students the opportunity to learn more about Scripps College and the Claremont environment, while also giving the admission committee the opportunity to get to know the candidates beyond the application. Following the interview, the admission committee will evaluate the complete applications and notify the candidates with a decision within 2-4 weeks of the campus visit.