Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology
Office Address: Steele 119
Office Phone: (909) 607-4686
- B.S. (Psychology) - University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh
- M.A. (Developmental Psychology) - Cornell University
- Ph.D. (Developmental Psychology) - University of California, Santa Cruz
Areas of Expertise
- Intersection of Developmental, Personality, & Clinical Psychology.
- Romantic Attachment
- Adolescent Development
- Substance Use & Abuse
- Dogmatic Thinking
Selected Research and Publications
- Tanaka, Y., & Carlson, K. S. (2012). An international comparison of the effect of work-integrated learning on academic performance: A statistical evaluation of WILs in Japan and Hong Kong. Asia-Pacific Journal of Cooperative Education, 13(2), 77-88.
- Carlson, K. S., & Gjerde, P. F. (2009). Preschool personality antecedents of narcissism in adolescence and young adulthood: A 20-year longitudinal study. Journal of Research in Personality, 43, 570-578.
- Gjerde, P. F., Onishi, M., & Carlson, K.S. (2004). Personality characteristics associated with romantic attachment: A comparison of interview and self-report methodologies. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 30(11), 1402-1415.