Professor of International Relations
|Office Address:||Steele 117|
|Office Phone:||(909) 607-8102|
- B.A. University of California (American Studies)
- M.A. Brigham Young University (International Relations)
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Political Science)
Areas of Expertise
- Atlantic political, security, and economic relations; the European Union and European integration; international relations, diplomacy and statecraft.
Selected Research and Publications
- Orderly Change: International Monetary Relations Since Bretton Woods. Editor. Ithaca, New York: Cornell University Press, 2008.
- International Monetary Power. Editor. Ithaca, New York: Cornell University Press, 2006.
- The Atlantic Alliance Under Stress: US-European Relations After Iraq.Editor. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2005.
Awards and Honors
- Jean Monnet Professor of European Union Interdisciplinary Studies, 2009-present
- Scripps College Faculty Achievement Award for Outstanding Research (awarded for 1994-1995, 2001-2002, 2004-2005, and 2006-7).
- Scripps College Faculty Achievement Award for Outstanding Teaching (awarded for 1995-1996).
- POL 100, International Relations
- POL 102, Cooperation and Rivalry in the European Union
- POL 105, NATO in the 21st Century
- POL 119, Public Policy in the European Union
- POLI 154, The Future of Higher Education in the United States