With a focus on civic engagement, Leadership in Service Grants supplement volunteer opportunities or self- designed projects during the academic year that focus on community impact. Students are encouraged (but not required) to consider opportunities within Los Angeles or San Bernardino Counties. Applications must address at least two specific leadership competencies.
Each Leadership in Service Award recipient will receive up to $500 in funding to support expenses related to completion of the proposed project. The amount allocated to each student will depend on the budget proposal.
All applications are considered on a rolling basis and must be submitted one month prior to the close of the academic semester.
All currently enrolled students who have completed at least one full semester.
Priority goes to students with demonstrated need. Students may not receive more one Leadership in Service Award in a given year and are limited to two in total.
The application includes a series of short-answer questions, a detailed description of the project, and a proposed budget. Students must also include a Letter of Confirmation from the partner organization with contact information as relevant.
View a PDF of the Application
Award recipients should be willing to share their experiences with the community and will be asked to submit:
- a one-paged project summary
- a photo illustrating leadership in service
- one blog submission
- Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. one month prior to the last day of classes. (Each applicant should receive an automatic confirmation upon submission.)
- All applicants will be notified of the status of their application within two weeks.
- All recipients will be asked to submit a supplemental application for grant disbursement.
For More Information
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit the Laspa Center or send question to laspa@scrippscollege.