Learn with Purpose
You’re up to the challenge of living purposefully, and your college experience should support that. At Scripps, you’ll learn how to skillfully direct your own path in everything you do, so you’re ready for what comes next.
With support from Scripps faculty, you can discover what interests you and pursue it wholeheartedly.
- “Part of the reason I chose Scripps is the aspect of academic exploration. We have the privilege to explore various fields of study before committing to one.” -Serena Liu ‘24, Biochemistry
- As part of the Claremont Consortium, you can take classes at any of the other four colleges on campus
- Learn outside of the classroom by studying abroad in places like Florence, Italy or Tokyo, Japan
“Scripps has an incredibly encouraging and supportive community. No one can take away the confidence that you build at Scripps!” -Angie Navarro ‘22, Politics
-Ali Bush ‘19, Art History
Your college education is an important investment, and you should see the benefits—even after you’ve graduated.
- “I am extremely grateful for the resources Scripps provides students and the strong alumni network that I’ve gotten the opportunity to interact with.” -Aby Rivera ‘21, Pre-law track
- Over 85% of students hold at least one internship, gaining real life experience at places like Apple and the Smithsonian Institute
- Connect with successful Scripps alumnae through our networking platform, Olive Grove
Ranked in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the U.S.
Average need-based financial award
in Kiplinger’s Top 100 Best Values in Liberal Arts Colleges in the U.S.
Want to Know More? We Can Help!
— Nancy Puente ‘23, Biochemistry
Nestled at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains in Southern California, at Scripps you’ll experience Claremont’s small-town charm with the work and play benefits of Los Angeles, only 35 miles away.
- Reap the benefits of the Claremont Consortium, from the co-ed campuses and shared recreational facilities to the diverse people you’ll meet
- Southern California is home to thousands of organizations where Scripps students volunteer their time, like Heal the Bay, Loma Linda Medical Center, or Planned Parenthood
- Home to dynamic industries like entertainment and technology, Southern California offers exciting career options, such as internships at 20th Century Fox and jobs at Google
- Los Angeles is a cultural nexus point where you can explore neighborhoods like Little Tokyo, Koreatown, or La Placita Olvera
Admissions advice, beautiful campus photos, life at Scripps, student Q&As, and more, all at your fingertips.