- This event has passed.
Student Leadership Institute
The Laspa Center for Leadership proudly invites all Scripps student leaders to participate in the 2020 Student Leadership Institute (SLI).
SLI 2020 was designed with a focus on what it means to lead during turbulent times. The Institute will be conducted in a virtual format, allowing more students to participate than ever before. Explore what it means to be a leader in the age of COVID-19, how to connect despite social distancing, and stay true to your mission when so much is unknown.
Sessions will include:
- How Leaders Can Support Diversity and Inclusivity
- Why Self-Care Has Never Been More Important
- Recognizing and Supporting Peers’ Mental Health Needs
- Tools for Managing Conflict
- Goal-Setting in a Time of Unknowns
- Leadership in a Virtual World
- “Lessons Learned” Student Panel
- 1-1 Leadership Coaching
…and more! Coming this fall we will also offer workshops regarding the important role of empathy, how to make sure your events are accessible, and why gratitude matters.
Registration is open to all student leaders, including incoming first-year students.