Department Goals and Objectives
Goals are broad statements that describe what the program wants to accomplish
- Students gain knowledge of the theory and history of art.
- Students gain an understanding of art objects across cultures.
- Students learn how to communicate about art works in both written and oral forms.
- Students learn research methods in art history.
Student Learning Outcomes
Outcomes describe specific knowledge, abilities, values, and attitudes students should demonstrate
- SLO1: Students will demonstrate their theoretical and historical knowledge of art.
- SLO2: Students will be able to explain art objects across cultures.
- SLO3: Students will be able to competently communicate about art works in written and oral forms.
- SLO4: Students will be able to develop, investigate, and synthesize a research project in art history.