Department Goals and Objectives
Goals are broad statements that describe what the program wants to accomplish
- Students will learn basic production skills in contemporary studio art practices.
- Students will learn to critically situate their work in a historical, disciplinary, interdisciplinary and cultural context.
- Students will evaluate their own work and that of their peers in both verbal and writtenforms.
Student Learning Outcomes
Outcomes describe specific knowledge, abilities, values, and attitudes students should demonstrate
- SLO1: Students demonstrate technical, conceptual, aesthetic competencies in their chosen medium. .
- SLO2: Students demonstrate critical engagement with contemporary art (artists, themes, movements, theories, and materials) in their work, and an awareness of the nature, function, and value of artworks.
- SLO3: Students recognize well-crafted and critically sound works and articulate this recognition via class critiques, presentations, and written evaluations.