All of The Claremont Colleges have graduation on the same weekend, and accommodations for out-of-town guests are sometimes scarce. It is best to make reservations early. Please contact the hotel directly for reservations.
- Parking will be at a premium Commencement Weekend. Parking is available in the following locations:
- Tiernan Field House parking garage underground parking garage (on Mills Avenue)
- Along 10th Street and 11th Street between Columbia Avenue and Dartmouth Avenue
- Additional ADA parking spaces will be available; more details to follow.
Saturday, May 13, 2023
Begins at 5:00 p.m.
Elm Tree Lawn
- Registration is required for the Scripps College ceremony, although there is no limit to the amount of guests per graduate who may attend.
- Ticket registration will be opening soon; a link will be provided here.
- Seating is open and available on a first come, first served basis.
- Attendees may begin lining up at 3:00 p.m. on the south side of Bowling Green; seating will begin at 3:30 p.m.
- Seats have been reserved for those who have contacted the Public Events office and requested accommodations for disabilities.
- All members of a party must be present to occupy a seat.
Dinner Dance & Registration
Saturday, May 13, 2023
Begins at 7:00 p.m
- Registration is now open; please register for tickets here.
- Advance purchase is required; tickets will not be sold at the door. Your graduate will receive three complimentary tickets (one for your student, plus two additional).
- Guests will check in under the name of their graduating senior and will receive a complimentary drink ticket that can be used for alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages. Scripps requests that guests do not bring their own alcohol to the event. Please be advised that during the Dinner Dance, anyone looking less than 21 years old may be asked to provide valid photo identification to obtain an alcoholic beverage.
ADA and Language Service
Register for ADA seating and parking by May 1.
- To request accommodations for any guests who have accessibility needs, please complete this form.
- A campus map with accessibility access will be provided upon confirmation.
- Please note that the Humanities Auditorium will also be equipped with a live feed of the ceremony on Elm Tree Lawn for individuals who may have difficulties with outdoor seating. The auditorium will be air conditioned and is wheelchair accessible.
- Scripps College makes available a wireless audio system for simultaneous language interpretation of the commencement ceremony. If there is a sufficient number of requests for interpretation services for a language, the College will try to accommodate those requests. The service is offered at no charge, but a piece of identification will be required to pick up a headset.
March 23 and March 30
3 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Graduates are invited to make an appointment for their formal Commencement portrait with a professional photographer from Ultimate Exposures.
- You must have a scheduled appointment in order to take your portrait. Click on the tab below to schedule.
Invitations and Announcements
- Commencement invitations and announcements are available for purchase through Jostens, online only.
- Click on the button below to have them sent to the address of your choice.
Gifts of Appreciation
- Family and friends of graduates are invited to purchase floral arrangements from a local Claremont florist. Sherwood Florist will be on campus the day of commencement, but if you would like to pre-order a lei or arrangement you may do so by clicking here.
- You may also visit their website by clicking here if you would like further information.