Scripps College recognizes the important role counselors and educators play in a student’s academic career. Below you will find information to learn more about Scripps and our application process.
Facts about Scripps
- 1,048 undergraduate students
- 3,022 applicants
- 32% Admit Rate
- Out-of-state Students: 54.7%
- International Students: 5%
- 60% of students receive financial aid
Data from 2018-2019.
For more statistics, please click here.
Standardized Testing Policy
- Submitting SAT or ACT exam scores is completely optional.
- Students will not have to justify why they are not submitting SAT or ACT exam scores.
- Students will not be disadvantaged in the review process if they do not submit SAT or ACT exam scores
- If a student chooses to submit SAT or ACT, Scripps will superscore the respective exam across test dates.
- Students should not jeopardize their health or the health of their families to take the SAT or ACT exam.
- International students educated outside of the U.S. are required to submit the TOEFL or IELTS exam. An international student may request a waiver if their primary language is English or the language of instruction of their high school is English. More info can be found here.
- The deadline for changing a decision about submitting standardized test scores is December 4 for Early Decision I students and January 18 for Early Decision II and Regular Decision students. Students may update their decision about submitting standardized test scores by emailing email@example.com.
Connecting with Scripps
Knowing that there are many options for on-campus experiences for your rising seniors, I hope you will encourage your students to apply for Discover Scripps. Our fly-in diversity program gives first-generation and/or students of color the opportunity to sit in on classes, explore extracurricular programs and on-campus resources, and get to know professors, staff, current students, and alumnae at Scripps College. Everyone on campus is excited to meet your students, and we’ve been thrilled in the past to see the strong friendships (and future roommate pairs!) that are formed during the Discover Scripps program.