Divisive & Diverse: A Voting Story
– Out of Print –
Printed by six students using handset metal and wood type, this fish bone book examines identity and politics in the United States during one of the most contentious presidential elections in U.S. history.
Divisive and Diverse explores identity and politics through a gender lens during one of the most contentious presidential elections in United States history. A Spotify playlist accompanies the physical copy of the book. Quotes in the book were gathered from a student-generated survey about identity and the political climate. Responses came from members of the Claremont University Consortium, the general public, and family and friends.
The book was letterpress printed with linoleum cuts on Rives lightweight paper and is housed in a container made of a Langdell handmade paper. Metal type including Erhardt, Gill Sans, Fournier, Univers, and wood type were handset to create a timeline, colophon, list of student names, a candid letter to the reader from students, and quotes from the survey responses. The size is 6.25 inches square.
- A.K. Smiley Library
- Athenaeum Arts & Music Library
- Baylor University
- Bibliotheca Librorum apud Artificem (Australia)
- Brigham Young University
- California Polytechnic State University
- California State Library
- Chapman University
- Columbia University
- Grand Valley State University
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Mills College
- Oberlin College
- Occidental College
- Plymouth State University
- Purdue University
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Scripps College
- Southern Connecticut State University
- St. Lawrence University
- Trinity College
- University of California, San Diego
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Riverside
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of Central Florida
- University of Louisville
- University of Nevada, Reno
- University of Utah
- University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Virginia Tech
- Wesleyan University
- Western Michigan University
- Yale University
Order a Book from Scripps College PressIf you would like to purchase a copy of the books or broadsides, please send a check, payable to the Scripps College Press, to the address below. Please add California sales tax of 8.75% if book is in stock, and a shipping fee of $12.00 per book.
Become a PatronIf you wish to become a standing order patron, you will receive 20% off the list price of the books and will receive each book immediately after it is completed. We complete a collaborative book each semester. Please indicate with your order if you wish to become a subscriber.
Scripps College Press 1030 Columbia Ave. #2025 Claremont, CA 91711 Attn: Tia BlassingameIf you would like more information, please call (909) 607-3866.
|Previous: Power Trip||Next: Amongst the Shelves|