Financial Aid for Post-Bac Premedical Program Students
Please note that only Federal Direct Stafford Loans and private educational loans are available for the Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program.
Federal Direct Stafford Loans
The Federal Direct Stafford Loans are available for the regular academic year (August 2013 to May 2014), up to a maximum of $12,500 annually. If you are beginning the program with the summer term, only private educational loans are available for the summer.
To apply for financial aid, students must complete the following steps by the appropriate deadline:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the priority deadline of May 1, 2013. The FAFSA cannot be completed online prior to January 1, since it is based on the previous calendar year’s income.
- The Scripps College Federal Title IV code for the FAFSA is #001174.
- Grade level during 2013-14 school year should be listed as “5th-year/other undergraduate.”
- Degree or Certificate should be listed as “Certificate or diploma for completing an occupational, technical, or education program of less than two years.”
- Submit 2012 Federal tax information using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) for FAFSA by May 1, 2013. This is one of FAFSA’s newest tools that provides financial aid applicants and their families the ability to automatically transfer family income and tax data from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). You can use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to update your FAFSA with your actual 2012 tax information. Not using this tool may result in needing to verify your tax information with an IRS Tax Transcript. Electronic tax filers will be able to access tax information approximately 3 weeks after filing their electronic tax return. Paper filers will be able to access tax information 6 to 8 weeks after filing their paper tax returns. Once you file your FAFSA, you will receive email reminders to update your FAFSA data using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT). If you choose not to use the tool and/or do not qualify to use the tool, you will be required to submit a Tax Transcript (IRS Form 4506T).
- Download the 2013-14 FAFSA IRS Data Retrieval Tool Tutorial
If additional documentation is required, you will be notified.
Private Educational Loans
If you have any questions about the financial aid process or loans available to Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program students, please feel free to contact our office at 909-621-8275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.