2014-15 Renewal Application Process
The financial aid renewal application process for the 2014-15 academic year is outlined below. Please note we continue to streamline the application and determination of aid eligibility processes for our continuing students.
We look forward to helping you through the financial aid application process. Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at (909) 621-8275. Our regular office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, and summer hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
All continuing students are required to submit the following:
|File FAFSA||Priority deadline: April 15, 2014Deadline for California residents applying for a Cal Grant: March 2, 2014
Scripps Federal School Code is 001174
|Complete 2014-15 Verification of Household Size||Download PDF|
|Complete Scholarship Recipient Form||Visit form|
|Special Circumstances||Submit a detailed letter explaining extenuating circumstances not reflected on the FAFSA.|
|Additional documents as required||To view your documents on the student portal, click on My Financial Aid.||Visit My Financial Aid|
Important reminders about this year’s application process
- IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) for FAFSA: This tool allows financial aid applicants and their families to transfer family income and tax data automatically from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to the FAFSA. The online FAFSA will help you through this process, which requires your PIN and confirmation that you want to transfer your tax data. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) is now available for 2014-15 academic year.We strongly recommend using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to complete your FAFSA.
- Once you file your FAFSA, you will receive email reminders to update your FAFSA data using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT). If you choose not to use the tool and/or do not qualify to use the tool, you may be required to submit a Tax Return Transcript. You must sign the transcript and then submit to our office.
- You may apply for student loans after June 15, 2014. Details on how to apply will be emailed to you beginning on or after June 15, 2014.
- Cal Grant: There have been significant changes to the Cal Grant process for both new and renewal applicants. You now must complete your FAFSA by March 2, 2014 whether you are a renewal recipient or a first time applicant. For detailed information or to check on the status of your Cal Grant, go here.
- If you are a continuing Scripps student applying for financial aid for the very first time, you will need to submit the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE if you are interested in receiving any institutional aid. You need to complete the FAFSA if you are interested in federal aid only. Please contact us for more information.
- Students who submit all materials by May 1, 2014, will be able to view awards on their student portal starting on June 15, 2014.