Professor Blassingame’s work was featured in the following exhibits and press:
- (Un)Settled at Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) Art Museum, Providence, Rhode Island December 22, 2017 – July 8, 2018;
- “Museum Highlights Alumni Impact,” RISD website, January 2018;
- “An interview: Tia Blassingame, Book Artist and Woman Behind Primrose,” by Jordan Okumura, Entropy Magazine, December 2017;
- The California International Antiquarian Book Fair, Pasadena, CA, February 2018.
She participated on the following panels:
- “Freedom of the Presses: Book Art as Social Practice” at the College Book Art Association (CBAA) conference, Philadelphia, PA, January 2018;
- Visiting Artist, Book Arts Program, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, January 2018;
- “Book Arts in Los Angeles (Past, Present, Future)”at the College Art Association (CAA) conference, Los Angeles, CA, February 2018.
Scripps College Press Accomplishments
- Artists’ books and prints on display at the California International Antiquarian Book Fair, Pasadena, CA, February 2018;
- College Book Art Association (CBAA) recently published three student interviews and a classroom spotlight of the Spring 2017 Art 137 Race & Identity in Artists’ Books seminar class. https://cbaa.wildapricot.org/Classroom-Spotlight
- Student interviews are at: https://cbaa.wildapricot.org/Student-Interviews