This grand walkway of American elms has been the site for graduation ceremonies each spring since 1947. The design of Elm Tree Lawn dates to the early 1930s, when the Cutting Garden and Olive Grove were laid out.
This “secret garden” was originally designed as a European medieval-style cloister garden and is a favorite destination on the Scripps campus. The garden provides a beautiful setting for an outdoor wedding, reception, or dinner.
Added in 1938, this court is the central gathering spot of the Malott Commons, where weekly tea is served. In the center is Seal Pond, filled with koi fish, lily pads, and bronze sculptures, framed by mosaic tile designs by former students.