Department Goals and Objectives
Goals are broad statements that describe what the program wants to accomplish
- Develop awareness of dance/movement as a reflection of culture and personal identity.
- Develop each individual's creative/expressive powers through movement.
- Develop understanding and appreciation of how bodies move physically, and in response to emotional and environmental factors.
- Develop observational skills and the ability to articulate and form ideas verbally and through movement.
- Foster a positive group dynamic through shared movement/research/production experiences and dialogue.
Student Learning Outcomes
Outcomes describe specific knowledge, abilities, values, and attitudes students should demonstrate
- SLO1: Students will demonstrate competent level of awareness of dance/movement as a reflection of culture and personal identity.
- SLO2: Students display creative/expressive powers through movement.
- SLO3: Students show ability in functional movement technique.
- SLO4: Students demonstrate appropriate use of discipline-specific vocabulary and concepts, and the ability to link ideas and form arguments.
- SLO5: Students demonstrate historical perspective and broaden understanding of aesthetic criteria.
- SLO6: Students demonstrate the ability to link ideas and form arguments.
- SLO7: Students show they can foster a positive group dynamic.
- SLO8: Students report impact of dance/movement experience on their personal and professional lifelong path.