2012-2015 Assistant Professor, Department of Fine Arts and Art History, American University of Beirut, AUB, Lebanon
Head of Studio Arts Program
Technical Director AUB Galleries, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
2011-2012 Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Fine Arts and Art History, American University of Beirut, AUB, Lebanon
Education: 1995 MFA, Distinction, University of Applied Arts, Vienna, Austria
Areas of Expertise
Studio Arts, Art Theory
frontiers, nature, the history of the notion of 'wilderness', conservation, identity, creativity studies, perception, cognitive science, religion, alchemy, art history, literature, music
Selected Research and Publications
- 2012 Parime, Galeria T20, Murcia, Spain
- 2011 Solo presentation, ARCO Madrid, Spain
- 2007 Newes from America, Galerie Steinle, Munich, Germany
valley girls, Another Year In LA, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
sunset:delayed Kasper Kovitz and Andrea Lenardin collaboration, MAK Museum, Vienna, Austria
Zone 1, Viennafair, Austria, Steinle Contemporary
- 2005 Come on boys Hereâ€™s good water, Roswell Museum of Art, Roswell, U.S.A.
Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2014 Traces of Disappearance, with Anne and Patrick Poirier, Goang-Ming Yuan and Naoya Hatekeyamas curated by Eva-Christina Kraus and Murielle Hladik, Espace LV, Tokyo, Japan, catalogue
The Museum of Abject Sentimentality, RMIT School of Art Gallery, Melbourne, Australia
Vienna for Art's Sake!, Winter Palace, Belvedere, Vienna, Austria, catalogue
DOCUMENT 8, Fountainwell Press, London, U.K.
- 2013 Body Language, Saatchi Gallery, London, U.K., catalogue
A Point of View of a Cat, Animatron, Los Angeles, U.S.A. off the page, curated by Angela Harutyunyan, 392RMEIL393, Beirut, Lebanon
- 1995 La risurrezione, film screening, IAE "Club Berlin", Venice, Italy
- 1994 Tod, film screening, Filmfestival Diagonale, Salzburg, Austria
Awards and Honors
2010 BilbaoArte, Spain
2009 Pollock Krasner Foundation grant, NYC, U.S.A.
International Studio & Curatorial Program, NYC, U.S.A.
2004 Roswell Artist-in-Residence Program, New Mexico, U.S.A.
2002 Marie Walsh Sharpe Space Program, NYC, U.S.A.
1998 International Studio & Curatorial Program, NYC, U.S.A.
1996 MAK/Schindler Scholarship, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
1994 Trend Art Spectrum Prize, Vienna, Austria
Born 1968, Vienna, Austria
ART 105: Intro to Drawing
ART 101: Intro to Painting