- D.M. in orchestral conducting, Northwestern University;
- Graduate diploma in orchestral conducting, Conservatoire de musique de Montréal;
- B.Mus., McGill University
Areas of Expertise
Music from the turn of the 20th century in Austria and Germany; symphonic repertoire from the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries; music theory applied to the performance of orchestral works.
Conducting symphonic and operatic repertoire, research on alternative modes of orchestral training and music as an interdisciplinary art form.
Awards and Honors
- 2012-13, Mary W. Johnson Achivement Award in the teaching category
- 2008, Research and Performance Grant from the Instituto para las artes escénicas y musicales (IAEM), Venezuela
- 2006, Prize with great distinction in orchestral conducting, Conservatoire de musique de Montréal
- 2004, High Distinction and Outstanding Achievement in Music Theory, McGill University