A Commitment to Diversity
Scripps College honors diversity as a key component of the academic, co-curricular, and residential life of the College. The College has made progress in diversifying its faculty, student body, staff, and Board of Trustees in the past decade; it established the Scripps College Academy to serve underrepresented high school students, underwrote course development to enhance understanding of cultural differences, and adopted a program of training in cultural awareness for all members of the community.
Today Scripps builds on its foundation to integrate a new level of commitment to economic, ethnic, religious, political, and cultural diversity within its academic, residential, and co-curricular communities.
President’s Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusivity
The President’s Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusivity consists of committed faculty, students, staff, and alumnae who are appointed to the Committee by the President of Scripps College to advise the President on issues of diversity and inclusivity. The mission of PACDI is to promote a diverse and inclusive community.
- Piya Chatterjee, PACDI Chair
- Sue Castagnetto, IWS Coordinator
- Damien Sojoyner, Faculty Rep, Africana Studies
- Nancy Neiman, Faculty Rep, Politics
- Emily Areta, Scripps Associated Students (SAS) Student Rep
- Angie Aguilar, Café con Leche Student Rep
- Winnie You, Scripps International Students (SIS) Student Rep
- Maddy Ruvolo, Disability, Illness, & Difference Alliance Student Rep
- Victoria Wong, Asian American Sponsor Program (AASP) Student Rep
- Marissa Okazaki, Asian American Student Union (AASU) Student Rep
- Jane Scearce, FAMILY Student Rep
- Vivienne Muller, Wanawake Weusi Student Rep
- Marla Love, Staff Rep of SCORE
- Junelyn Peeples, Staff Rep from Assessment and Institutional Research
- Rosa Maria Santana, Staff Rep from Communications/PR Office
- Laura Stratton, Staff Rep from Admissions
- Victoria Nelson Martinsen, Alumnae Rep
- Mariah Tso, Indigenous Student Alliance
- Denise Nelson Nash, Vice President to the President and Secretary of the Board of Trustees